Men and women in Peoria visit our doctors at AOS Oral Surgeons every year to discuss tooth replacement options. There are many different options available, but our doctors (as well as most dental professionals) believe dental implants to be the best tooth replacement system on the market today.
There are many benefits of dental implants, which we will discuss in more detail below, but one of the biggest benefits is the fact that they are permanent and meant to last a lifetime! Keep reading as we talk more about dental implants and how you can enjoy them for years and years to come.
How Dental Implants Work
Dental implants are small screws that act as replacement tooth roots for missing teeth. Our doctors surgically place dental implants within the jawbone, just below the gum line. As they heal, the jawbone will form a bond with your dental implants, making them permanently secure. To complete your look, a single crown, set of crowns, dentures, or a custom framework that supports a full arch of teeth will be placed on top of the dental implants. This provides men and women in Peoria with full oral function and beautiful, natural-looking aesthetics.
Patients may be good candidates to receive dental implants if they are:
- Missing a tooth or several teeth
- Have teeth that require extraction
- Looking for options to replace traditional dentures that are ill-fitting or uncomfortable
- Prefer a solution that is long-lasting, natural-looking, and fully functional
Dental implants rebuild the tooth from the root up, while other options such as bridges or traditional dentures focus more on improving oral function without addressing bone structure and stability. While dental implants are a greater investment up front, they will save patients money in the long run as they do not require repair or replacement like other temporary solutions.
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
As we mentioned, one of the aspects of dental implants is their durability and longevity. In fact, they are specifically designed to last a lifetime. By maintaining proper oral care and hygiene, Peoria patients can enjoy their dental implants for many, many years.
Dental implants should be cared for in the same way natural teeth are cared for. Patients should:
- Brush their implants twice a day
- Floss their implants and use antibacterial mouthwash once a day
- Visit their general dentist for regular cleanings and checkups
The Many Benefits of Dental Implants
As we mentioned, dental implants come with many benefits, making them the ideal choice for tooth replacement among men and women in Peoria. Some of these benefits are:
- Patients can bite, talk, and smile with confidence
- Dental implants restore oral health and functionality
- They provide patients with natural-looking results
- They won’t slip or slide around the mouth
- Dental implants don’t need to be replaced
- They preserve and protect the jawbone, maintaining the shape of your face
- Remaining natural teeth are protected as they do not interfere with other teeth
- Patients are able to easily care for dental implants
Choose Our Doctors for Your Dental Implants Needs
If you’re ready to restore your smile and oral function, call our doctors in Peoria today. They can help give you a smile you can count on for the rest of your life, and one you can be proud of. Call our office today at (309) 326-9250 to schedule your initial consultation.